Before you decide to treat your vaginal symptoms using over the counter medication consider the following:
- Are you, or could you be pregnant?
- Have you had similar symptoms more than twice in the last 6 months?
- Have you noticed any change in your normal menstrual bleeding?
- Do you have any pain in your lower abdomen?
- Do you have any ulcers, blisters or sores in the affected areas?
- Have you been feeling unwell, been sick or had diarrhea recently?
- Have you or your sexual partner ever has a sexually transmitted disease?
If you answer YES to any of these questions it is possible that you do not have thrush. While other vaginal infections are effectively treatable with medication they will require a visit to your doctor for identification and get a prescription