Double check that your kids do have head lice before treating. This can be done using the wet comb method.
- Wash the hair with ordinary shampoo.
- Put lots of conditioner into the hair and comb it through with an ordinary comb.
- Then, using the detection comb, slot the teeth of the comb into the hair at the roots and draw the comb down to the ends.
- Check the comb for lice every time you do this.
- Continue until you have worked through each section of hair and have checked the whole head.
- Rinse off the conditioner and repeat the combing while the hair is still wet.
It is important that all members of the family are checked for head lice.