Sumatran Relief 50mg 2pk
Sumatran Relief contains the active sumatriptan, that belongs to a group of medicines called triptans, which are used to treat migraine headache.
Sumatran Relief can be used to relieve acute migraine attacks that happen with or without warning signs (aura), such as sensitivity to light, feeling sick, in patients who have a well established pattern of symptoms and who have previously been diagnosed with migraine. Sumatran Relief must only be used if a diagnosis of “migraine” has been clearly established by your doctor in your case and other factors have been excluded. Certain forms of migraine cannot be treated with sumatriptan.
Migraine symptoms may be caused by the temporary widening of blood vessels in the head. Sumatriptan is believed to reduce the widening of these blood vessels. This in turn helps to take away the headache and relieve other symptoms of a migraine attack, such as feeling or being sick (nausea or vomiting) and sensitivity to light and sound.
Sumatran Relief works only when a migraine attack has started. It will not stop you from getting an attack. You must not use sumatriptan to prevent a migraine attack.
Adults (18 to 65 years):
- The recommended dose is 50 mg sumatriptan once the migraine has started.
- If your migraine improves after the first dose (50mg) but the symptoms reappear an additional 50mg can be taken.
- You must wait at least 2 hours after taking the first dose before you can take the second dose.
- You must not take more than 100 mg of sumatriptan in any 24-hour period.
- If the first tablet has no effect Do not take a second tablet for the same attack.
- If the first tablet has no effect, you can take other painkillers such as paracetamol, acetylsalicylic acid, or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, such as ibuprofen medicines.
Please click here to read patient information leaflet for this product.
View Patient Information Leaflet